When should you sanitize your hand
Hand sanitization is one of the most effective ways to safeguard yourself and your family from sickening. Hand hygiene should be your top priority if you want to avoid unwanted diseases. When we talk about hand sanitization or hygiene it means cleaning your hand either with water and soap or with the help of hand sanitization gel. Research says that most of the infections happen due to dirty hands and hand wash can effortlessly prevent infections without spreading germs.
There are some basic techniques to clean your hand properly. You can’t see germs on your hand but those germs are available on your hand always. Though most of the germs are harmless but some germs like inﬂuenza can cause serious infection. So it’s always important to wash your hand properly. Here we are going to give you the proper techniques to sanitize your hand properly.
Right way to wash your hands
When you are washing your hand at least wash it for 30 seconds with water and soap. Now the question is why 30 seconds? Yeah, it’s because when you will constantly rub it will help to break down the dirt and germs from your hand. Washing your hand properly not only gives a fresh smell but also eliminates up to 99% germs on your hands.
Here we are providing 8 basic steps to clean your hand properly just follow these for the best result.
- Rub palm to palm
- Wash Wrists
- Wash Fingernails
- Clean back of hands
- Clean back of thumbs
- Wash back of ﬁngers
- Clean between ﬁngers
- Rinse and wipe dry
When to sanitize hands?
It’s always important to keep your hand sanitize but here we are going to mention some key times when you need to wash your hand properly because in such cases there is always a high possibility to spread germs. So take care of it and prevent germ infection.
- Always clean your hand before, during and after preparing food.
- Before eating food always make sure to wash your hand properly
- If someone in your family is sick with a disease like vomiting and diarrhea and you are taken care of him/her then before and after taking care of you should clean your hand
- Always wash your hand properly before and after treating any kind of wound and cut.
- After sneezing, coughing and blowing your nose always wash your hand.
- If you are touching your pet or any animal, their food or waste then you should
- After throwing or touching garbage you need to sanitize your hand.
- After using toilet
- After playing outdoors
- After arriving from outside
No doubt water and soap are the best combinations to sanitize your hand and get rid of germs. But if you are not getting this combination anywhere then you can also go with alcohol-based sanitizer gel which mostly contains 60% of alcohol.
Hand Sanitizers can swiftly reduce the germs on your hand in many situations but it’s not best for all types of germs. If your hand is dirty and greasy then sanitizer gel will not work effectively. Another negative point of hand sanitizer is, it can’t eliminate pesticides, heavy metals and risky chemicals from hands.
Take care of all these above discussions to maintain good sanitation of your hand and avoid germs and relevant infections.