Top 10 Foods for Weight Gain
Top 10 Foods for Weight Gain
Calories are one of the main constituents that contribute to basal metabolic rate and weight. If you increase the intake of calories, the chances of a weight gain are higher. It is advised to eat food that is rich in calories and proteins. Proteins are building blocks of the body. Eating excess proteins will improve muscle mass and strength and helps you cope-up with fatigue. Eat calories more than you burn to achieve weight gain. Here we have a list for your top 10 foods for weight gain.
1. Nuts and Seeds: almonds, walnuts, cashews. Sunflower seeds, flax seeds, etc contain polyunsaturated fatty acids. You can munch these seeds and nuts as it is or eat it roasted. To increase its efficiency in increasing weight adds it in ice creams, desserts, and salads. Nuts and Seed are in the first position of our top 10 foods for weight gain list.
2. Olive Oils: A simple way to increase calories is by eating more than the usual amount of oil in your meals. Oils as such contain polyunsaturated fatty acids that increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Olive oil is rich in healthy monounsaturated fats that add calories. Olive Oils are in the second position of our top 10 foods for weight gain list.
3. Avocados: This is an energy-rich food that provides essential nutrients along with extra calories. One avocado provides 325 calories, 30 g of fats and 20g fiber approx. Avocado can be eaten as it is or can be added in omelets, sandwiches, etc. This versatile fruit is a must-eat to increase weight. Avocados are in the third position of our top 10 foods for weight gain list.
4. Granola: This food can be made at home with dry whole-grain cereals, nuts, seeds, and dried fruits. You can also flavor your granola to improve taste and appetite to eat. The high-calorie granolas can be stored and eaten after meals. Granola is in the fourth position of our top 10 foods for weight gain list.
5. Protein Bars: These bars are very helpful in improving muscle mass. It supplements both calories and proteins that increase muscle strength and relieves muscle stress. They are rich in calories and proteins and contain a balanced amount of carbohydrates, protein, and fat. These bars can be found in any fitness supplement store. Protein bars are in the third position of our top 10 foods for weight gain list.
6. Dried Fruits: These fruits are commonly eaten to meet the additional energy demands by the body as they are rich in sugars. The same can also be used to increase calorie intake. Although dried fruits are not appetite satisfying but have the capacity to more calories more than the fresh counterparts. Include raisins, apricots, berries, cranberries in your diet, the tasty dried foods can be consumed in good quantities.
7. Milk Shakes and Protein Smoothies: You can make fresh and healthy nutritious calorie-controlled milkshakes at home. Homemade smoothies are free-of preservatives and an ideal choice to increase weight. Apple shake, chocolate banana shake, Chocolate hazelnuts shake, dried Vanilla blueberry shake, etc provides a high amount of proteins and calories. The milk contains casein and whey protein which along with the high-calorie fruits adds weight.
8. Potatoes and starches: Potato the cheap and easily available vegetable across the world is your best partner to increase weight. Include foods such as oats, corn, buckwheat, squash, beans, and legumes. These foods increase the carbohydrate contents and muscle glycogen stores.
9. Salmon and oily fish: They are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids that is good for heart, brain and eye health. One can also eat this to increase weight. 150g of salmon provides 350 calories and 5g of omega-3 fatty acids.
10. Whole eggs: The most nutritious part of the egg is egg yolk. It is rich in proteins and fats. The eggs are very helpful in building muscles, as long as you are not allergic to egg, you can eat any number.
Healthily increase weights, just to increase the calorie intake avoid eating sugary and bad cholesterol products that can have an adverse impact on the body. Eat well and stay healthy!